The south tower and entrance front of Trinity United Methodist Church on Main Street.
The roots of this church run back to 1794, to a lay preacher named William "Billy" Craven - a stonemason - who first organized Methodist services in the home of a friend.
The present Romanesque Revival church on Main Street is the fifth structure, on the third site, that the congregation has built as they have expanded. It dates to 1926. According to the church website, the debt from the construction cost of $120,000 proved onerous during the Depression that followed. It does seem an impressive sum for that time.